CIM Moor Hall is planning to re-open from 6 July. This decision will be confirmed based on the government guidelines for when pubs, hotels and hospitality venues can open. There are likely to be further updates as we move towards this date and we will continue to monitor and adapt as this advice develops.
To help protect guests and staff on site we have implemented the following:
- Staff will undergo full training in our new and existing Covid-19 safety measures including social distancing, cleaning and sanitising routines and operating procedures.
- A screen will be erected in Reception to protect staff and guests during check-in and check-out.
Cleaning and sanitisation
- The site will have a deep clean and we will be enhancing the sanitisation of touch points before being opened to guests
- We have installed over 30 sanitisation stations across the site. These are located at entrance and exit points around the site as well as areas where food and beverage service is provided.
- Meeting rooms will be fully sanitised at the end of each day to make them ready for the next delegate group.
- Sanitiser spray will be left in each meeting room to allow groups to sanitise their own workspace for peace of mind if required.
- Bedrooms will be left vacant for 72 hours once a guest has checked out.
Movement around the site
- Signage will be displayed around the site informing people of the two-metre social distancing requirements and clear floor directions will be provided showing where to stand and wait safely.
- Various measures are being put in place to reduce movement around the site. Conference guests will be able to go directly to their meeting room rather than entering via Reception and walking through the site.
- The site will operate a give way system which expects individuals to take responsibility to give way to others on site when passing in corridors and social areas.
- Each guest will be given a two-metre distance on a table to sit and work.
- Cabaret tables will be limited to three people per table to allow for a two-metre distance to be achieved.
- All paper, delegate stationery and sweet jars will be removed to allow for a clean and clear workstation.
- Fixed computers will be removed from the meeting rooms and cables will be used to connect clients’ own laptop devices to screens.
- Any handheld gadgets and AV components will be in a sealed plastic bag and will be sanitised for each new meeting.
- AV support and assistance will be provided, and staff will wear PPE to assist you in the safest possible way.
- Each guest will have a fresh, sanitised water bottle for their own personal use during the day.
- Coffee stations will not be in operation. Instead tea and coffee will be served to guests by our staff, wearing appropriate PPE.
- Lunch and refreshment break times will be staggered between groups to eliminate crowding.
- Lunch will be served either in bento boxes or as a working lunch delivered to the meeting rooms.
We currently do not require guests to wear face-coverings at all times. However, these must be worn in areas where social distancing is not possible.
We will provide you with a safe environment to conduct your meeting and training. However, the actions of the individuals in the meeting remain their responsibility and we ask that people are sensible and respect social distancing both within the rooms and across the wider site.
We are continually monitoring the guidance released by UK government and the World Health Organisation and will update our practices in accordance with this.
Please do feel free to get in touch with a member of the team if you have any questions or would like to discuss these actions in more detail.
We do hope that we can have the opportunity to welcome you all back to Moor Hall as soon as you are ready to do so, and we look forward to moving through this together in the safest way possible.
Full UK government guidance on how to stay safe away from home can be found here...